Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA)
Gibson Printing is committed to providing equal treatment to people with disabilities with respect to the use and benefit of our services.
Pursuant to section 6 of Ontario Regulation 429/07, Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (the "Regulation"), made under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the "Act"), the company ensures that all of its employees as well as suppliers who provide goods and services for Gibson Printing, are adequately aware of the provision of accessible customer service in accordance with Ontario Regulation 429/07.
Customer Service Policy Statement:
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
1. Our mission The mission of Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited is to ensure that all aspects of our business is performed in compliance and exceeding all Government Standards and Guidelines. It is also our mission to ensure that all employees, clients, vendors and customers are treated with respect, equality, dignity, fairness and compassion.
2. Our commitment In fulfilling our mission, Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited strive at all times to provide its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as any customer.
3. Providing goods and services to people with disabilities Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited are committed to excellence in serving all customers, regardless of status, gender, religion, political association or disability and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas:
3.1 Communication We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We will train staff who communicate with customers on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
3.2 Telephone services We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our customers. We will train staff to communicate with customers over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly.
We will offer to communicate with customers by fax, website, email, in person, if telephone communication is not suitable to their communication needs or is not available.
3.3 Assistive devices We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our goods and services. We will ensure that our staff members are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will also ensure that all staff members know how to use the following assistive devices available on our premises for customers: power assisted doors, ground level access and ramps.
3.4 Billing We are committed to providing accessible invoices to all of our customers. For this reason, invoices will be provided in the following formats upon request: hard copy, large print, e-mail, or as required by customers.
We will answer any questions customers may have about the content of the invoice in person, by telephone or e-mail.
4. Use of service animals and support persons We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. We will also ensure that all staff, volunteers and others dealing with the public are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited’s premises with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
Fees will never be charged for support persons for admission to Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited’s premises. Although these premises are not a retail environment, we do receive guests, clients and service providers.
5. Notice of temporary disruption Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited will provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative services, if available.
The notice will be placed at all public entrances and at the reception desk on our premises.
6. Training for staff Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited will provide training to all employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf, and all those who are involved in the development and approvals of customer service policies, practices and procedures. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Executives, Account Managers, Department Managers, Management Reports, Reception and Administration Personnel.
This training will be provided as part of the immediate training upon hiring and completed within 2 weeks of staff start date. Training of existing employees and management was completed by March 31st 2011.
Training will include the following:
The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
How to use the power assisted doors and ramp available on provider’s premises or otherwise that may help with the provision of goods or services to people with disabilities
What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited goods and service
Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited’s policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard.
Applicable staff will be trained on policies, practices and procedures that affect the way goods and services are provided to people with disabilities. Staff will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures.
7. Feedback process The ultimate goal of Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited is to meet and surpass customer expectations while serving customers with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated.
Feedback regarding the way Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be made by e-mail, verbally, letter or telephone. All feedback will be directed to the Senior Vice President. Customers can expect a personal response within 24 hours.
Complaints will be addressed according to complaint categories already established in our company’s complaint management procedures.
8. Modifications to this or other policies We are committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Therefore, no changes will be made to this policy before considering the impact on people with disabilities.
Any policy of Ravenshoe Group and Gibson Printing Company Limited that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
9. Questions about this policy This policy exists to achieve service excellence to customers with disabilities. If anyone has a question about the policy, or if the purpose of a policy is not understood, an explanation should be provided by, or referred to, the Senior Vice President of Ravenshoe Group.